• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde webmail does not work anymore after upgrade

E

EuroMaverick

Hello people,

Recently upgraded from Plesk 7.6 to 8.1.

Now, when I go to http://webmail.<my domain> instead of the inlog screen I always got for Horde and which worked just fine, I now simply get a "The page cannot be found"-error.

I don't know this very well, but I looked a little bit in the code that is generated when you launch this and saw there is a C:\Inetpub\vhosts\webmail folder on my hard disk, that contains an index.html file. This file is supposed to launch the horde application, but I have the impression that this is where this goes wrong.

This said, it looks like this is a simple reference that is not pointing to the right location anymore. However, I don't know enough of this to analyse this in further detail. This said, could I be right and could somebody point me into the right direction ? Also, what could have gone wrong during the upgrade from Plesk ?

Many thanks in advance !

Regards,

Mav.

I am having this issue also with Horde. Does anyone know how to fix it?

please check host headers for iis site webmail(default). also check file <vhosts>\webmail\index.html existance.

Originally posted by sallyanne
what do you mean? please explain in detail
go to IIS Manager > Web Sites > webmail(default) > Properties > Web Site > Advanced
you will see all host headers registered for this site. it should be all webmail.<domain name>

Hy,

I've upgraded to 8.1 from 7.6.1 and seems Horde does not work anymore.

index.html exists, i've checked the host headers.
I get something like this:
Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'PEAR.php' for inclusion (include_path='F:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\lib;.;C:\php5\pear') in F:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\lib\core.php on line 45

I am not really shure what to do, maby someone can help.
Thanks

Originally posted by tomoiaga
Hy,

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'PEAR.php' for inclusion (include_path='F:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\lib;.;C:\php5\pear') in F:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\lib\core.php on line 45
please check PEAR location and its permissions. it should be read & execute for psacln and psaserv

Similar problem.. any takers on help...

I am no expert.. but sure seems similar.. maybe a rights issue?

Warning: touch() [function.touch]: Unable to create file db\horde.db because No such file or directory in F:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\pear\DB\sqlite.php on line 117

A fatal error has occurred
DB Error: not found
Details have been logged for the administrator.

Originally posted by tomoiaga
Hy,

I am not really shure what to do, maby someone can help.
Thanks

Take a look over your file F:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\php.ini
You should find inside the line looks something like that:
include_path ="F:/inetpub/vhosts/webmail/horde/pear;./lib;.;./includes;./pear"

Ensure that you have path F:/inetpub/vhosts/webmail/horde/pear inside. If such path is absent, add it separated by semicolon.

Webmail Errir

It was there in the file..

Any other ideas?

I also checked the server for other php.ini files and there was once in the swsoft program files ... I added it to that one too.

FIXED

uninstalled webmail and php and reinstalled and its working

still had to re modify horde81.log permissions but otherwise perfect

Hello chulbert,

Could you tell a little more in detail which procedure you followed ?

Many thanks,

Mav.

Reinstall of webmail and PHP

I re-ran setup of plesk and removed PHP and webmail (which also makes you remove sitebuilder

rebooted

ran setup and added php and webmail back and sitebuilder (which required me to add .net framework 2.x

had a bad permission on the hord81.log in c:\windows\temp (which is referenced in other forum posts for what the perms should be)

and then it worked..

I have since broke it again and not sure why.. getting a failed login (iis error)

HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

I am currently working on that one.. I think it might be an IUSR password snyc issue or ntfs permissions again..

I have removed and reinstalled webmail and the php for webmail without any reboot or problems. Sitebuilder was not removed and worked for me. All done in about 5 minutes!
I think this is one of the best and fastes solution so far. (May depend on what you have installed, not shure about that)

You should try to reinstall only WebMail first and see what happends.

Doing it now again...

I am trying the reinstall of webmail again.. but I believe it broke when I applied the patch after the reinstall...

should I leave the patch off for now?

Did the reinstall of webmail component only no change

now doing php and webmail

This sucks! It was working this morning.. then I patched and now its broke

reinstalled php and webmail this time.. no luck

How can I see what is making IIS give me an access denied..

Hello people,

After all kinds of different suggestions, finally solved my specific case by:
- Change Plesk 8.1 setup: remove webmail and PHP (both PHP and PHP5 as the installer calles it)
- Restart server
- Change Plesk 8.1 setup: add webmail and PHP (idem both)
- Restart server

And finally got it up-and-running ! Have solved on the fly the issue where I could not choose which PHP version is available for a domain - I can now indeed change between both.

Conclusion for me: although there are several reconfig tools and stuff you can do yourself, the above procedure cleans and reinstalls the whole thing more in depth and for me correctly...

Please keep posting your findings / solutions !

Regards,

Mav.

Back