• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

horde webmail location of folders

S

sammykona

Hi,
When I create folders in webmail and move email messages there, where are these messages physically located on the server? They're definitely not in /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.com/Maildir/ this location only contains what is in the primary POP account (Inbox).

Thanks

Horde is IMAP, and as far as I know, they are under: /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.com/user/Maildir/

That's what I thought too ... but nope, the emails that are moved to a folder in Horde are not there in /var/qmail/mailnames/domain/*

Found it ... the folders created in horde are created as hidden folders in /var/qmail

so If you create a new folder called "friends", you'll have:

/var/qmail/mailnames/domain.com/popname/Maildir/.friends

So now we know that the migration manager will not grab any folders that the user may have created via webmail (the reason this thread got started).

question on horde folder location

I am new to plesk so bare with me. I see the path to the horde folders, but how do I actually access them? I am moving mail info from another server to this one, for example inbox, address books, etc.. I appreciate the help.

I suppose the easiest way would be to login to the shell, change directory to the pop mail accounts and then create a .tar file

cd /var/qmail/mailnames/

tar -cvf domain.com.tar domain.com

you'll then have a .tar file containing all POP mail info

then copy to new server and:

tar -xvf domain.com.tar

Sam

thank you

One more question. How do I get access to the directories with plesk? or at least some other way of accessing them on my server that Im copying them too?

Back