• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How can I do a Plesk Config-only Backup?

J

johncody

Hi,
My website has like 2GB of EXE and other files that I already have a local copy of.

So, I just want to backup the configuration file for Plesk, so if I ever have to redo my server, I can simply upload my website contents, restore Smartermails config files and then restore plesk's config file and be up and running.

Backing up just Plesk's config files would be soooo much faster then the whole 2GB website :)

Any way to do this?

Hello,
If you are Plesk Administrator, you might create backup without site content (use desktop backup tool, go to Advanced group of settings and specify option back up domains content ).

Thanks.

Cool - Thanks.

After playing with plesk backup, I do have two more questions:

1) How can I verify that plesk backed up the correct files/settings? In other words how can I get a directory of the backup file?

2) Also, how can I selectively restore data from the backup file - meaning, lets say I did a full backup (with website contents), but when I do the restore, I only want to restore the plesk settings/configurations without restoring the website contents - how can I do this?

-John

Hello,
Developers are working on such features for next generation of backup tools.
Thanks.

Back