• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How can I enable directory listing?

W

wintech2003@

I have a folder with images, and I would like to enable directory listing on it, so that users that point their broswer to the URL of this directory will get a list of all images, which they can then click on and see the picture.

Currently I get a 403 - Forbidden error when I point my broswer to this directory.

How can I enable this feature?

PS. I'm talking about a direcotry inside httpdocs

Thanks a lot in advance

Hi there,

how can I run that using command line tools or websrvmng (plesk)...

Regards
Ben

Domains -> domain.com -> Web Directories -> Web Directory Preferences -> Directory browsing checkbox

This makes me able to change it in plesk... But how can I change it using command line?

Add .pdf to MIME types, currently IIS does not recognize this file type.

Do I have to do that with every single domain or can I easily add a skeleton or something?

Originally posted by BenjamnL
Do I have to do that with every single domain or can I easily add a skeleton or something?
If you do it on server level (manually within IIS), then it's added to all domains. I haven't tried it within Plesk yet...

Thanks man, I forgot that =)

There are by the way .htaccess in the folder, but it is not working... So I forgot to protect it with plesk!

How can I enable htaccess?

.htaccess works on *nix (like Linux) systems only AFAIK... On Windows, you need to protect directories in Web Directory Preferences within Plesk (or manually -> right click folder -> properties -> security)

Back