1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How can I enable directory listing?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by wintech2003@, Jan 24, 2006.

1. wintech2003@

wintech2003@ Guest

I have a folder with images, and I would like to enable directory listing on it, so that users that point their broswer to the URL of this directory will get a list of all images, which they can then click on and see the picture.

Currently I get a 403 - Forbidden error when I point my broswer to this directory.

How can I enable this feature?

PS. I'm talking about a direcotry inside httpdocs

Thanks a lot in advance

2. Gris@

Gris@ Guest

you can do it in web site's properties in IIS

3. wintech2003@

wintech2003@ Guest

Yes this was it.

Thank you very much :)

4. BenjamnL

BenjamnL Guest

Hi there,

how can I run that using command line tools or websrvmng (plesk)...

Regards
    Ben

5. matija

matija Guest

Domains -> domain.com -> Web Directories -> Web Directory Preferences -> Directory browsing checkbox

6. BenjamnL

BenjamnL Guest

This makes me able to change it in plesk... But how can I change it using command line?

7. BenjamnL

BenjamnL Guest

I enabled directory browsing (the checkbox) in root folder for domain belite.de

check
    http://belite.de/selina/
    look for file brief.pdf

you can't download it! why?

Greets Ben

8. matija

matija Guest

Add .pdf to MIME types, currently IIS does not recognize this file type.

9. BenjamnL

BenjamnL Guest

Do I have to do that with every single domain or can I easily add a skeleton or something?

10. matija

matija Guest

11. matija

matija Guest

If you do it on server level (manually within IIS), then it's added to all domains. I haven't tried it within Plesk yet...

12. BenjamnL

BenjamnL Guest

Thanks man, I forgot that =)

There are by the way .htaccess in the folder, but it is not working... So I forgot to protect it with plesk!

How can I enable htaccess?

13. matija

matija Guest

.htaccess works on *nix (like Linux) systems only AFAIK... On Windows, you need to protect directories in Web Directory Preferences within Plesk (or manually -> right click folder -> properties -> security)