• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How did your upgrade go? Good or Bad?

• Thread starter federal_reserve
  • Start date
F

federal_reserve

Surely I say there must be some positive outcomes and smooth upgrades!?

Let us know how your upgrade went and if you had any hiccups on the way.

I just glance at all the posts and it seems like the world is ending. Would be nice to have something positive to compare with to make a decision.

Thanks

The Fed

after some tinkering around with permitions and MySQL ive so far got quite a stable and running Plesk installation.

however the stability is questionable, as it appears that things can change without warning/notice.

Hi,

It didn't fail for me on Debian sarge but the first update maked qmail crashed... The second put all back to normal (just had to uninstall firewall and put it again).

My problem now is I don't have anymore the crontab icon in Server and awstats isn't working properly...

I'm in production and I can't understand how swsoft can release an update with so many issues... :mad:

Jerome
d:fuzion

Originally posted by DavidCollom
after some tinkering around with permitions and MySQL ive so far got quite a stable and running Plesk installation.

however the stability is questionable, as it appears that things can change without warning/notice.

Hi David,

What OS are you running?

Thanks!

I performed an upgrade over the weekend, and it went as smooth as butter. However, after the upgrade, we are experiencing some extremely weird problems with mySQL.

Performed the upgrade on 2 machines ... Both were CentOS 4.2.

Before the upgrade to Plesk 8.1 on one machine, I did a full "yum update" and worked out any minor little inconveniences. I then ran the Plesk autoinstaller to update.

The other machine, I did the Plesk update first (through the control panel), rebooted, changed my inis and stuff that I needed to, then did "yum update" and updated the system. I immediately started receiving PHP errors on Crons, so I removed the 2 offending packages (IonCube and SiteBuilder) using "yum remove" and everything is functioning perfectly now.

So, a little tinkering, but everything is working great.

Luke
www.catch22media.com

Originally posted by JArnoldussen
I performed an upgrade over the weekend, and it went as smooth as butter. However, after the upgrade, we are experiencing some extremely weird problems with mySQL.

What type of weird problems are you experiencing?

Originally posted by federal_reserve
Hi David,

What OS are you running?

Thanks!
Im running a 1and1 root Server Originaly Installed with plesk and FC4 x86_64, however i uninstalled plesk and updated to FC5 x86_64 and re-installed plesk after the upgrade.

all is going well so far so good. altho Wordpress (app vault) did not put the database information in the config file. No biggy tho!

VMware and Centos 4.4

Just for the record...

On VMWare running Centos 4.4 I installed Plesk 8.1.0 and didn't have any problems or conflicts.

I will however probably try to replicate my RHEL4 product server on Centos and upgrade to find out what might happen.

Data center "The Planet" has recommended not upgrading just quite yet.

No big problems...
Expect AWStats icons not showing up in report pages, but I'm sure a little patch will correct it.

My config:
Fedora Core 2
PHP 4.4.2
MySQL 4.1.18
Before update: Plesk 8.0.1

Note: I updated via the command line tool autoinstaller

I updated on Debian 3.1 Sarge

Everything updated fine. But Traffic and Quota don't work. No update. WebAlizer no update.
I think one Crontab is missing.

SWSoft we need an update fast please. I running my systems with many users and so I need help.

Thanks

holy **** how many problems...
i wonder how the **** they test their packages before releasing them, really!!!

reply to How did your upgrade go?

I originally posted...

Email Stopped Working after Failed upgrade to 8.1 (see for details)

I also noticed someone else had a Qmail crash with Debian.

What was the solution?

It worked for me, but the new version has A LOT of bugs. awstats isnt probably working (missing icons, showing stats for other domain, statistics cronjob gone, psa hangs when changing stats settings etc) Also VERY annoying ads everywhere by sw-soft.

Image missing in AWStats but other than that, no problems:

Back