• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I capture emails sending via specific domain's SMTP

A

aung

I am using Plesk 7.5 reloaded and very happy with it.
One of my client has a special need. He would like to capture all the emails sent from all his email users via his SMTP domain and forward them to an email address.

For example:
He has:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

He wants all the incoming and outgoing emails from these address goes to [email protected].

Can Plesk do it? If yes, how? If no, anyway i can script for him?

Thanks.

WARNING!! This is invasion of privacy. Regardless of the customer telling the users or not, copying their incoming and outgoing e-mail IS invasion of privacy. I would HIGHLY discourage looking for this type of solution anymore.

Hi,
he didn´t ask for coments.
So if you are not willing to help don´t post!
Michael

Well, thanks for the note. I am fully aware that there is a privacy issue.
My client is using the Plesk box for his company and he need to know what his sales team is sending to his customers.
As for me, a simple solution provider, just want to provide what customer want.

Thanks for the comment.

Hello,

I'm faced with the same problem. One of our clients is required to keep copies of their incoming/outgoing emails for 5 years (they deal with money markets and they need good records or they can get in trouble).

I created an incoming archive box just fine using aliases, but don't know how to capture all outgoing email which goes through the server for this (or any) particular domain.

I'm running Plesk Reloaded 7.5.4 for Linux, which uses qmail.

And to avoid non-helpful posts, all of his employees know about this policy (I sent them the notification email myself to make sure they know).

~ Bob

Yargh. My qmail installation came with Plesk and so is a binary .rpm file. I therefore have no qmail source files which I can compile qmail-monitor with. It looked like the perfect solution too! :(

Does anyone have any other ideas on how this is possible?

~ Bob

I think Swsoft can provide you the source of qmail. If I remember right the patches swsoft used are posted in the forum some time ago.

Thank you very very much eilko & realaaa!

That link does indeed provide the latest Plesk patches for qmail - updated March 07, 2006!

I think I'll be able to roll my own qmail now with qmail-monitor patched in. I have to say working with Plesk is much nicer than working with Ensim (though I hear past versions of Plesk were not all that wonderful).

I opened a ticket with the company which hosts my dedicated server and they simply said "Not possible, your server only has the binary Plesk qmail .rpm file, so no source to patch." I'm going to reopen that ticket and explain to them what I learned here.

Thank you once again for the great help!

~ Mr.T

Back