1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How do I catch this sort of spam....

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Pagemakers, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Pagemakers

Pagemakers Silver Pleskian

80%
    I have recently been receiving a lot of spam from names such as Sport Q. Jaundice and Topic V. Lyceums (every name is different). The emails normally consist an opening line like Howdy:) or Adieu.

Then there is a single graphic (normally drugs) and a graphical remove me type link.

Because all of the text is in graphical format I don't see how I can enter any words into a rule set.

Although these emails always slip through SA, Outlook always catches them and places them in the junk email folder.

Has anyone else seen these emails? Is the a rule set to conquer them?

Thanks.

2. faris

faris Guest

I don't know much about SA, so I'm generalising only, but I'm surprised it is missing them. Surely there must be a default rule that scores any message with no text as being spam? If not, there must be a rule someone else has already written that you could apply somehow...

Faris.

3. brucew

brucew Guest

Check out the rulesets at Spam Assassin Rules Emporium. One of them I've installed takes care of this. (Maybe 70_sare_html*.cf, not sure, I forget.)

HTH!

4. Pagemakers

Pagemakers Silver Pleskian

80%
    I've installed that and I'll let you know how I get on.