• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I change from the default mailserver to Smartermail

D

dseoane

I have installed the default mailserver (I think its mailenable) but I want to switch to Smartermail, I do not have any useres using the mail right now so it is a good time to make the switch.
Do I just uninstall Mailenable and then install Smartermail?

Thanks

-d

Uninstalling Mailenable then installing Smartermail is one way, you will probably want to check in the components management to make sure that it reconized that you have installed Smartermail. If it doesn't show up the first time make sure that your Smartmail services are running and then use the refresh link within the components management. Once you see Smartermail listed click the SmarterMail link and enter the information based on how you setup your Smartmail server.

Or you can install smartermail then go into Server > Components Management > Mailserver (this should be a link because Plesk will see two mailservers and it will give you an option of changing it out) Once you have selected the Smartermail server you will see fields for Admin port, Username and password, enter this data based on how you configured your Smartermail server.

If you run into problems or have questions PM me I can help you through it as I've setup several of our servers using Smartermail

Thanks, that worked great..
Now for the post piece, if I used the the Plesk APP pack to install mail enable how do I uninstall it now? I have is all disabled but I can not figure out where to uninstall it.

Thanks for the time...

-d

Hi

did you find out correct way of uninstaling ME ?

Now for the post piece, if I used the the Plesk APP pack to install mail enable how do I uninstall it now? I have is all disabled but I can not figure out where to uninstall it.

Thanks for the time...

-d

Thanks for the time...

-d

You can uninstall it by modifying Plesk installation.

Back