1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

how do i fix my mailman prob?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by bluecon, Dec 20, 2005.

1. bluecon

bluecon Guest

hi,

since i've fix this (http://kb.swsoft.com/article_61_942_en.html) problem i had a new problem with my mailman service on my suse 9.3:

Code:
    Dec 20 15:33:06 ********** qmail: 1135089186.481891 delivery 2: success:
    Failure_to_exec_script._WANTED_gid_67,_GOT_gid_0./Failed_to_start_/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman./did_0+0+1/
    i send a new mail to my mailingadress and in my mailing logs i've found this error.

can anybody help me?

greez

bluecon

2. eWebtricity

eWebtricity Guest

I would check into what group ID 67 is or belongs to. I'm guessing that the group ID that qmail is set to is different or undefined. Mailman is a little particular about how the wrapper calls or executes it. In this case I think qmail is initiating the call.

You might investigate the group ownership.

3. bluecon

bluecon Guest

thx for you help.

at my suse 9.3 station is in /etc/group

an older version of my /etc/group file has mailman 59 as gid.

currently mailman has 67 as gid.

Code:
    mailman:!:67:
    i don't know how i can edit or change this function in qmail.

any ideas?

edit1:

how can i do this?

thx

bluecon

4. jlschwab

jlschwab Guest

5. bluecon

bluecon Guest

thx 4 help, but i tryed some times to fix the prob with mailman.

today, i've found an error in /var/log/mail.err

Code:
    Dec 23 11:39:23 *********** Mailman mail-wrapper: Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 67, GOT gid 0.
    hmmmmm

bluecon

6. bluecon

bluecon Guest

problem found.

/var/qmail/bin/mm_wrapper

has uid root and gid root ... chang it to gid qmail an it works, but no mailinglist mail was send to users.

bluecon