• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

how do i fix my mailman prob?

B

bluecon

hi,

since i've fix this (http://kb.swsoft.com/article_61_942_en.html) problem i had a new problem with my mailman service on my suse 9.3:

Code:
Dec 20 15:33:06 ********** qmail: 1135089186.481891 delivery 2: success:
Failure_to_exec_script._WANTED_gid_67,_GOT_gid_0./Failed_to_start_/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman./did_0+0+1/

i send a new mail to my mailingadress and in my mailing logs i've found this error.

can anybody help me?

greez

bluecon

I would check into what group ID 67 is or belongs to. I'm guessing that the group ID that qmail is set to is different or undefined. Mailman is a little particular about how the wrapper calls or executes it. In this case I think qmail is initiating the call.

You might investigate the group ownership.

thx for you help.

at my suse 9.3 station is in /etc/group

an older version of my /etc/group file has mailman 59 as gid.

currently mailman has 67 as gid.

Code:
mailman:!:67:

i don't know how i can edit or change this function in qmail.

any ideas?

edit1:

You might investigate the group ownership

how can i do this?

thx

bluecon

Originally posted by jlschwab
http://kb.swsoft.com/article_61_942_en.html

Explains the issues involved and breifly describes how to fix it. I've ran into this problem a few times and have successfully fixed it via that KB entry.

thx 4 help, but i tryed some times to fix the prob with mailman.

today, i've found an error in /var/log/mail.err

Code:
Dec 23 11:39:23 *********** Mailman mail-wrapper: Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 67, GOT gid 0.

hmmmmm

bluecon

Originally posted by bluecon
thx 4 help, but i tryed some times to fix the prob with mailman.

today, i've found an error in /var/log/mail.err

Code:
Dec 23 11:39:23 *********** Mailman mail-wrapper: Failure to exec script. WANTED gid 67, GOT gid 0.

hmmmmm

bluecon

problem found.

/var/qmail/bin/mm_wrapper

has uid root and gid root ... chang it to gid qmail an it works, but no mailinglist mail was send to users.

bluecon

Back