• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I install ASP.NET 3.5?

K

Kricket@

Sorry guys I am a complete novice to plesk. I have just bought a remote 3rd party hosted dedicated server. I have only realised now that it offers ASP.NET 2.0 support, but not 3.5. I have no help from the hosting company, the pricks.

Can someone give me a blow by blow account on how to install ASP.NET 3.5 on the machine please. I have done it on my local machines, but they are windows xp. Assume I am a 5 year old.

(The domain is setup and it easily runs ASP.NET 2.0 pages).

Much appreciated.

Thats the problem. How do I know I have root access to my machine. What does it look like in Plesk? How do I get there from Plesk desktop?

The nearest folder setup I can find is; using the links from plesk desktop - Home> Choose my Domain> File Manager = is this my root?

Oh, I was referring to remote desktop connectivity to the server.

Can't see newly installed ASP.NET 3.5 version in plesk.

Yes, I finally figured it out. I didn't know about the Remote Desktop Connectivity program in windows. Works great. Another problem now is. I have installed ASP.NET 3.5Framework on the server but I cannot see it on the ASP.NET versions in plesk. I still only have 2 choices, 1.1.4322.0 and 2.0.50727.0. Anyone know how I can fix this or what i haven't done.

Thanks

Okay, one other thing, modify the properties of the Remote Desktop Connection on your computer and add /console to the path, like so:

%SystemRoot%\system32\mstsc.exe /console

This will ensure that you're logging-in as console and not creating a different remote session each time. it's entirely possible that Plesk is not yet 3.5 ready, I don't see it in the docs yet.

plesk supports asp.net 3.5
but it will not show this version on the domain setup page to choose
and neither in IIS manage you are able to choose .NET 3.5
These are extensions of .NET 2.0 so if you want to use .NEt 3.5 you should choose .NET 2.0 for the domain in Plesk

Back