1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How do i move mailboxes to other server?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by OnTheFly, Nov 27, 2006.

1. OnTheFly

OnTheFly Guest

Hi All!

I have two servers: Plesk 7.5 @ RHE Linux and Plesk 8 @ FreeBSD 6.1. I need to move mail account (with domains and sites) from Linux to FreeBSD but i do not have Migration manager.

Domains, sites with databases isn't a problem to migrate. Any ideas to move mail accounts?

I need to do it pretty trasparent, without changes theyr POP3 passwords.

2. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

Why not install the Migration Manager?

3. OnTheFly

OnTheFly Guest

I have installed it @ FreeBSD server that's really mine. First, Linux server, is only rent dedicated server, i don't have permissions to install any addons

4. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

If you don't have admin access to Plesk nor root access via ssh you'll have to ask you server manager to install it for you (it's installed in a minute). I they can't or won't do that, I can see why you'd want to move away... But they're making it hard then.