• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I move one Plesk Windows Site to another Plesk Windows server?

eugenevdm

Regular Pleskian
I would like to know how to move one Plesk Windows Site to another Plesk Windows server? Reason being I'm thinking of getting some new hardware and I want to migrate some sites off an old server.

Is there any other solution that works? Plesk backup is a piece of junk that works only when it wants to, IMHO.

Thanks.

Hello,

I'm back. I have another question.

Let's say I backup the plesk config files.
Then on another machine, I install plesk, then I copy over the backup file and restore it to the new machine. Then from another backup system, I copy over the customer files, will the new machine work?

Thanks.

I don't shure that i understand you...
Do you want restore configuration from one Plesk and clients from other Plesk on the same new Plesk?
It's possible.

I'll try to explain clearer.

Server A has plesk on a win2k3 server. I have a Backup Application called Commvault that does backups and restores of servers. Unfortunately, Commvault cannot backup certain plesk mysql files because they are always in use by Plesk. However, it does backup all the customer files and what not.

So what I wanted to do was backup the Plesk Configs with the Plesk Backup on Server A. Then I backup everything else with Commvault on Server A. Let's say Server A one day dies; the hardware dies.

So I have a backup. I'm wondering if I can install Plesk onto Server B, then use the Plesk Config Backup from Server A, and restore it onto Server B. Then I would restore the customer files from the Commvault system. Would that work?

Hope that clarifies it.

** Why don't I use Plesk Backup to backup the entire Plesk and not just the configs? Cuz Plesk Backup sucks. It needs to stop plesk to backup the server. And our 500 customers wouldnt like that. Also, the backup kills the server since it's so resource intensive.**

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure that it's possible in automatic mode... I'm sure that it requires many handwork.
The possibility to backup/restore full Plesk configuration without data will be in the next version.

Back