• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I prevent plesk from starting named?

T

Till.CH

Hello!

I would like to stop the dns-service on my server because I don't need it.

But when I disable the named service in the plesk interface, named will be restartet after a reboot.

I'm afraid of uninstalling named because my YAST-System tells me it will destroy the plesk installation.

What can I do to prevent plesk from startin the named service on each reboot?

Thanks in advance,

Till

PS: Sorry for my poor english

I would like to stop the dns-service on my server because I don't need it.

#unlink /etc/rc3.d/*named

This will stop the system to start Bind/named on boot!

Cheers
Rick

bandurao, you keep referring people to your site but it is set to members only! This is an open forum to help people, why isn't yours?

Till.CH, in the Plesk control panel you can click on Server, DNS then disable DNS.

I dont want register there, event it free, why dont you make it open forum like this

Till.CH, in the Plesk control panel you can click on Server, DNS then disable DNS.

This doesn't work, because DNS will be started again at the next system reboot.

I am not talking about turning the service off, as in

Plesk -> Server -> Service Management

I am talking of going to:

Plesk - Server -> DNS then clicking "Disable" At that point you must give outside DNS server information. This will not turn back on after a reboot.

Originally posted by phoenixisp
I am not talking about turning the service off, as in

Plesk -> Server -> Service Management

I am talking of going to:

Plesk - Server -> DNS then clicking "Disable" At that point you must give outside DNS server information. This will not turn back on after a reboot.

My DNS shows Disable. My DNS Server (BIND) got turned off after a reboot. Is this why? Can I change it to Enable and will that turn the service back on? Does it need to be on?

Back