1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How do I prevent plesk from starting named?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Till.CH, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Till.CH

Till.CH Guest

Hello!

I would like to stop the dns-service on my server because I don't need it.

But when I disable the named service in the plesk interface, named will be restartet after a reboot.

I'm afraid of uninstalling named because my YAST-System tells me it will destroy the plesk installation.

What can I do to prevent plesk from startin the named service on each reboot?

Thanks in advance,

Till

PS: Sorry for my poor english

2. RapidVPS.com

RapidVPS.com Guest

#unlink /etc/rc3.d/*named

This will stop the system to start Bind/named on boot!

Cheers
    Rick

3. phoenixisp

phoenixisp Silver Pleskian

57%
    bandurao, you keep referring people to your site but it is set to members only! This is an open forum to help people, why isn't yours?

Till.CH, in the Plesk control panel you can click on Server, DNS then disable DNS.

4. schatje

schatje Guest

I dont want register there, event it free, why dont you make it open forum like this

5. cherylchase

cherylchase Guest

This doesn't work, because DNS will be started again at the next system reboot.

6. phoenixisp

phoenixisp Silver Pleskian

57%
    I am not talking about turning the service off, as in

Plesk -> Server -> Service Management

I am talking of going to:

Plesk - Server -> DNS then clicking "Disable" At that point you must give outside DNS server information. This will not turn back on after a reboot.

7. aviscat

aviscat Guest

My DNS shows Disable. My DNS Server (BIND) got turned off after a reboot. Is this why? Can I change it to Enable and will that turn the service back on? Does it need to be on?