• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I set up a global address book for webmail

M

msslovi0

The question's already in the subject: How do I set up an address book, that can be accessed and updated by every user on the server? Currently, I only can find a private address book and 'My Address Book'. But what I want is a public address book...

Matt

If you use ./conf.pl in the config directory (under the webmail directory) which is most likely at: /usr/share/squirrelmail/config/conf.pl you will see a Database menu (type 9 and press enter).

That's the global address book settings which uses mysql.

You can find more about it here: http://squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=104

It was a plugin that has now been introduced into squirrel mail as default.

I cannot tell you how to set it up as I don't know myself, but I hope this goes some way to let you know it's possible and where to find out more about it :)

Use the above at your own risk. You should have experience with squirrelmail and make backups before using the config files/tools just in case.

------
T. Ballantine
a3 Networks

Thanks for your reply, but I'm using the Horde-Framework for Webmail (I thought this is the default, so I forgot to mention). So I got no Configs for Squirrelmail...

Matt

Back