1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How do I uninstall/reinstall webmail

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by bskrakes, Jan 18, 2010.

1. bskrakes

bskrakes Basic Pleskian

23%
    Hi there,

Does anyone know how to uninstall and then reinstall the webmail for Plesk? I am using Plesk for Linux/UNIX so I would prefer to do it from the command line.

For some strange reason my webmail isn't working properly. I had both webmail and atmail as options for my admin, resellers and clients which was working but it appears to have stopped working. When I call a particular domains webmail via webmail.domain.com I get the default Plesk page.

Any suggestions/thoughts or feedback would be greats!

Thank you

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    You can just remove all related packages with something like

Then run /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller and select needed webmails in menu there for installation.

3. bskrakes

bskrakes Basic Pleskian

23%
    HORDE: unable to access vhosts configuration

Awesome, thank you.

On a side note here was my scenario (missing some key info but this is a high level overview of my problem):

1) running plesk 9.2.3
    2) updated to 9.3.0
    3) checked webmail, had issues so I began to search the web and test different settings in plesk... posted help questions here.... I tried to disable all webmail on my server, both HORDE and ATMAIL - did a reboot and then started all over with one account, I tried enabling HORDE only and still it would not let me configure webmail giving me an error message regarding the vhost configuration file access (unable to access vhosts configuration)
    4) checked updates via plesk cp, for some reason plesk still had updates for 9.3.0
    5) ran updates, tested the system and everything worked fine including webmail which was the original issue

So all in all I think it was a Plesk update issue, unfortunately I didn't save and post all the info so this post might be a bit vague but I hope it helps give a bit of insight.

Thank you,

4. Expert

Expert Guest

This don't work in Ubuntu Server.
    How I can uninstall AtMail or other modules from Plesk?

5. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Ubuntu has dpkg packet manager instead rpm. Package names are the same. Therefore use dpkg instead rpm there.