1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How Do I Upgrade mySQL with Plesk 7.5.4?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by bconrad27, Dec 9, 2005.

1. bconrad27

bconrad27 Guest

Hello. I am running Plesk 7.5.4 on a Linux server, and have mySQL 3.23.58 installed. I would like to upgrade, but my host said that because I am running Plesk, I would need to install the latest version through Plesk.

Is this true? How do I go about upgrading?

2. poke

poke Guest

There is no updating mysql via plesk!

Have a look here:
    www.atomicrocketturtle.com

ART provides us nix ppl with yum repos full of goodies like the newest, plesk friendly rpms like php, mysql, etc...

It's like xmas all year long ;) Donate to Scott (A.R.T.)

3. bconrad27

bconrad27 Guest

Thanks. I've been checking out his site this afternoon... looks like I need to install Yum for 7.5.4.

I downloaded and installed the Yum RPM:

rpm -i yum-2.0.7-1.art.src.rpm

But not sure what to do next... :(

4. poke

poke Guest

edit your yum.conf file in /etc/ to use the proper ART channels, then run "yum check-update" to see what is available....

5. bconrad27

bconrad27 Guest

I don't have a yum.conf file in /etc/ :eek:

Maybe I installed the yum RPM incorrectly?

6. poke

poke Guest

Hey There,
    Go ahead and email me jason at jbwebhosting.com and I can help ya out better!