• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I upgrade to RHEL4?

A

acidbox

I just upgraded plesk to 7.5.4, which says it supports RHEL4. From the looks of the upgrade, the autoinstaller did not upgrade linux for me, so how do I go about upgrading redhat to the latest version? Can someone tell me how to do this:?

The updater only updates psa sh!t..... It won't update linux for you :D Contact your host and maybe they will update for you and restore your domains.

Lata.,
poke

There isnt an upgrade script from redhat to go from 3 to 4? There has to be, because I have an ensim server that did the upgrade during the regular upgrade from ensim 4.03 to 4.04.

A clean reinstall with the newest release is probably the safest way. There's no way of knowing if the new kernel or some other package will die due to unforseen inconsistancies with your hardware. I wouldn't recommend this on a production server.

I guess I'll stick with el3 for now. Not going to risk it. I think the plesk installer should handle that upgrade anyhow (even ensim does that and they don't do much).

Back