• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I view a website from a shared IP

T

Tomdei

Ok...so I've got a dedicated server running Plesk 6 on FreeBSD. I'm transferring various sites over to the server which currently shares a single IP address for all of the domains. My files are stored in the default: /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts directory.

So, how can I display a website in a browser using the IP address?

I would like to make sure everything is working properly on the site before transferring the domain name over. Can this be done?

Thanks in advance,

Tomdei

I'm not sure what you mean by a preview button in the Control Panel. All I've got is the main Plesk interface and I don't see a preview button anywhere.

Do you mean inside some CMS program you are running or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Tomdei

When you first open your control panel, go to "Domains". The click the domain name of the site you want to view. In the next window you will see the Site Preview icon. It will most likely be the last icon.

BTW - this is for Reloaded 7.5 posts. I'm assuming Plesk 6 has the same buttons.

Plesk 6 doesn't seem to have a preview button. The reason I posted here is because no one seems to respond to posts in the Plesk 6 section anymore.

When you hit the preview button, what does the URL in the browser window say? Maybe I can type it in manually. I'm just thinking there must be some way of seeing the site before it goes live.

I'm transferring a site to my server that has a database in it and some CGIs and I want to make sure everything works before putting it out there for the world to see.

Thanks,

Tomdei

Thanks Ladyhawk. That post thread seems to have a couple of good suggestions. I'll see what I can get working.

Tomdei

Back