• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How I can import backup from plesk 9.2 to 8.6?

vincenzot

Regular Pleskian
Good Morning,

I must change hosting...but I have an problem.

My old hosting have the plesk 9.2 and the new hosting have the plesk 8.6 i have tryed to import the .tar file that the plesk 9.2 create...but into plesk 8.6 it not is an valid backup...exist an method for import the backup from 9.2 into 8.6 ?

For me is very important export the mail account...

I hope that you can give me an answer for resolve my problem

Regards

Hello,

It is absolutely impossible, I'm afraid.

Regards,
Denis.

hi,

thanks for the answer...but is possible to export only the mail account with the content? For me is most important restore the mail content and the mail account...there is an solution?

Hello,

The backup structure was changed since the Parallels Plesk Control Panel version 9:

http://kb.odin.com/en/6082

You can recreate the mailboxes using the command line utilities and then you can manually coppy the contents of the mailboxes to the new location. (you can untar them from the backup)

hi,

i haved speack with my hsoter but it don't know how import the email account...you can explain me the procedure if you can?

Thanks for the help :)

Back