• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How long until 8.2.1 is released?

D

dowNNshift

Does any one have an idea of when 8.2.1 will be released?

I assume that it'll have many bug fixes, including resolving the installation and upgrade nightmares many of you all report?

Plesk 8.2.0.1 for Windows Update is expected at the next week.
Plesk 8.3 for Windows is scheduled for Q4'07.

Thanks for the heads up -- I look forward to the 8.2.0.1 update!

Gentlemen,

Sorry for delay.

Plesk 8.2.0.1 for Windows Update will be ready as soon as possible.

I am also holding my breath for the new release, tried to upgrade from Win Plesk 8.1.1 to Win Plesk 8.2, This was a total disaster!!

I now waiting for the this version to try the upgrade!!!

Hi Guys,

Let me tell you we had a horrible experience upgrading plesk from 8.1 to 8.2 not once but twice from 7.5 to 8.0. Both times we ended up creating a fresh install of 8.2 and retoring the plesk 8.1 backup into the fresh install. This way works like a charm. SWSOFT support was on our failed updates for probably 8 hours straight until I sugested this method.

Upgrading from backups will be our method of choice from now on.

I just wanted to share our experience with the forum.

Is there any new info, when plesk 8.2.1 will be released?

8.1 to 8.2 seems to be the worst update in Plesk Histroy since at least 6.5.

Just a short list of thinks not working here:
- Web statistics don't run since Sept 6.
- Control Panel keeps crashing
- IIS Worker process keeps crashing
- German Language Pack is missing translations
- Php Errors in Controlpanel

And that are just the problems I found, before i could not log into the control panel anymore this morning.

I just hope SwSoft, will fix all these with the update...

Johannes

So I am not alone, that the worker process keeps crashing? Here application pool crashes because of protect.dll library of Plesk my debugger says. SWsoft people logged into my server and said it is not the case, but I still think it is. It happens as soon as I upgraded to 8.2 :-(

And creating SSL key don´t work to, the plesk have to many php errors.
Must be more carefull to make releases ans sell and the support is worst.

bump

It's been a while, and there is still no update. The problems are still here, it they are getting more not less.

Can someone from SWsoft give an estimate how much longer it will take for 8.2.1?

Thanks
Johannes

Sure hope this comes out soon, but I don't mind if you take long enough to make sure these issues are fixed, because the last thing I want to deal with is yet another buggy update. I'm working with my host to get running on Plesk 8.2 and I think it's convinced both of us that we need to look at other control panels that aren't so bug-ridden. I've spent almost all of today just trying to get SpamAssassin working, and have concluded at this point that it's just not going to work and we need to research other options for our filtering.

Back