• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How many domains, can i have on single machine

mr_exclusive

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I'd like to know, how many domains can i run on a single machine with 4GB RAM and opteron 2200 dual core. I have alredy 400 domains, and cpu usage is max 5%, but i had to increse some variables like: mysql memory to 768MB, apache memory to: 256MB, lately open files limit i had to increse becouse i have now 40.000 open files on my system and i'd like to know, is this safe to have 40.000 files open? will the server hold this?

sorry for my english :rolleyes:

gr.
mr

I think Plesk 7.5 could run 2000 or more domains with your hardware config. Cant see that SWsoft have have posted anything about this on Plesk 8.1.

yes, but swsoft could write an example of
server settings that i should change from
linux default to higher values to handle 2000 domains.

coul'd you write me what did you change from linux defaults to handle 800domains?

mysql settings
apache settings
ulimit settings

and whatever else you had to change to get this working.

I have the same problem now.
Too many open files.
It was because apache open for each User the Logfiles.

By disbabling several logfiles in the users httpd.conf, the server will work fine. Without any error.

We have +- 300 Domains on this machine ! I suppose the the kernel need to be compiled with more then 1024 open files.

But I did not find the right solution now...

Back