• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How Restore from Backup Files?

N

njsmith

Today I made the big mistake of upgrading from PLESK 7.2.0 to the newly released PLESK 7.5.0.

Prior to upgrading I backed up my sites with the PLESK backup utility and now that I try to restore the sites PLESK 7.5.0 tells me that the backup files are not a valid file for PLESK 7.5.0.

I have never had any real problems with my previous upgrades but this upgrade didn't work first time round so I had to start from the begining with a fresh install and now the backup files aren't recognised.

Can anybody offer any advice?

Regards
Nick Smith
Bristol U.K.

You need to reinstall the same series of Plesk ... i.e. if you meant you had 7.0.2 installed, I'd suggest installing 7.0.4 - or if you had 7.1.2, I'd install 7.1.6 - basically the latest minor release in that series.

If you were upgrading from 7.0.2 -> 7.5.2 I'd suggest installing 7.0.2 -> 7.1.6 -> 7.5.2 instead of going direct.

Cranky

Thanks for your reply. You're right I was using 7.0.2 not 7.2.0. and it looks as if I'm going to have to revert back to it just to get the sites up and running again.

Thanks for your advice.

Regards
Nick
Bristol U.K.

Originally posted by Cranky
If you were upgrading from 7.0.2 -> 7.5.2 I'd suggest installing 7.0.2 -> 7.1.6 -> 7.5.2 instead of going direct.

Cranky - This is the Windows Forums ;)

Nick - Try reinstalling 7.0.x, importing the backups and then upgrading the 7.5.x using the installer you downloaded.

Paul

Thanks for your comments.

I originally had a working (no problems) PLESK 7.0.2 install and I'd been waiting for the release version of 7.5.

I downloaded 7.5 yesterday and installed it as an upgrade to my 7.0.2. but unfortunately the upgrade didn't work, I got errors during the installation and none of the web sites worked after that.

I am now in the process of loading a clean install of Win. 2003, I'll then reload, 7.0.2, reload my site backups and then one final go at upgrading to 7.5.

If it doesn't work this time I think I'll stick with 7.0.2 and wait for a fixed version of 7.5.

Regards
Nick
Bristol U.K.

Nick,

Was it only the sites that didnt work? Did the mail and plesk itself still work?

I havent upgraded yet so cant comment too much on the upgrade process.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul

When I upgraded there were a few peculiar faults, all the web sites showed 'Unavailable' as if the web server wasn't working. I tried restarting the server but couldn't get any further. I also had trouble accessing the domains via PLESK.

I didn't get as far as trying the email as however hard I tried I couldn't get the web sites to run.

Regards
Nick
Bristol U.K.

not only does swsoft have a buggy upgrade but now it's difficult to restore from a failed upgrade!

My upgrade to 7.5 was a disaster and now I need to restore from a backup but what possible problems i'm i going to encounter.

Back