1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How soon will changes for nameservers take affect?

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Roger Nordseth, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Roger Nordseth

Roger Nordseth Guest

I discovered that my domains as i own was on internal IP so a ping on my namesevers came up with internal ip.
    The domains i host is on external IP .

I have set SOA to update sooner then hours but no change yet

2. raz3k

raz3k Basic Pleskian

23%
    I had this issue and i had to use a sql query to change all the soa records, then a shell script to rebuild named , and then restart.

This will change the ttl to 5 minutes(300 seconds)

mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa

> UPDATE `dns_zone` SET `ttl` = '300', `ttl_unit` = '60' WHERE `id` >1;quit;

With this script you rebuild the bind config files: mysql -Ns -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` -D psa -e 'select name from dns_zone' | awk '{print "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/dnsmng update " $1 }' | sh

http://www.linuxweblog.com/blogs/sandip/20091114/bulk-update-dns-ttl-all-plesk-domains

3. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%