• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to Change the plesk 8.1 to 8.3

E

ercays

Hi all,

I have 2 server and 1 plesk license (v.8.1).

I want to install new plesk web server (v.8.3) and move the domains from 1. Server (v.8.1) to 2. Server (v.8.3).

I think firstly I have to backup all domains in 1. Server. After Restore 2. Server. But How to?

What must be the plain?

I beleive that you can backup all your domains within 8.1 and restore them onto the 8.2 or 8.3. Not sure if you can transfer them all at once; you might need to do it one by one. Just check and see how it goes. Make sure that all resources for both servers are equal and working at the restoring step (i.e. if you've been utilizing MS-SQL, special config etc. on the 8.1). PLESK backup/restore has a huge improvements over the past versions/releases.

All the best,

I am moving from 8.2 on one server to 8.3 on another. I did try a full backup and then a full restore on the new server and it didn't go as planned. Got the following Error Message.

Failed to restore client 'NAME' : String or binary data would be truncated.

I try backup domains my old server (v.8.1) and restore my new server (v.8.3). No problem occurred.

Actually my problem is license. License file installed old server and I setup new server then will install license file on new server.

Because until install license file plesk do not restore domains.

will it a problem?

I don't think so! I have other PLESK installed on a Linux box; I have upgraded the 8.2 to 8.3, nothing seemed to be changed on licensing.

I try backup domains my old server (v.8.1) and restore my new server (v.8.3). No problem occurred.

Actually my problem is license. License file installed old server and I setup new server then will install license file on new server.

Because until install license file plesk do not restore domains.

will it a problem?

Why don't you like simply to upgrade to 8.3? BTW: In case of backup&restore old license is keeping ther of course but it should be valid for all Plesk 8.x versions

Why don't you like simply to upgrade to 8.3? BTW: In case of backup&restore old license is keeping ther of course but it should be valid for all Plesk 8.x versions

Because I have to move my domains from old server to new server. :)

Is there any certificate on one of the domains for that client?
Please contact support
John S.G.

Back