• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to Configure my DNS

R

rollo tamasi

Hi guys

I'm trying to set up my DNS records within Plesk 8 and i don't seem to be configuring it correctly. Please see the image below for the current status of my DNS
dnsic5.png

I have clicked on "Add New Record" and selected NS, i typed in the domain name, blaa.ie and then i typed in ns.blaa.ie into the other field. I setup another NS record likewise but this time with ns2.blaa.ie.

I then went to my hosting control panel where i have a domain registered and i entered in ns.blaa.ie and ns2.blaa.ie as the new nameserver addresses for that domain and nothing has happened. It's been three days.

Obviously i'm doing something wrong or i've missed a step. Could someone please advise. If i need to provide more information then please ask, i'm fairly new to this.

Thanks

Originally posted by rollo tamasi

I then went to my hosting control panel where i have a domain registered and i entered in ns.blaa.ie and ns2.blaa.ie as the new nameserver addresses for that domain and nothing has happened. It's been three days.

You do not just enter ns1.domain_name & ns2.domain_name as the new nameservers. You have to register the domain name as a domain host with the ip address on the registrar's website. The way you do this is different for each registrar. Who is your registrar? If I am famaliar with them I might be able to tell you how. Either way, you can contact their tech support of assistance.

thank you, i will that immediately . My domain provider is blacknight.ie (irish based).

I'll post back if i encounter any difficulty.

Thanks again jwdick.

Rollo,

I justed edited my post. You need to registrar the domain name as a "domain host" . In Godaddy, there is an option called "Domain Host Summary". Look for something like that.

thanks once more. I found the screen in question: "Register New NameServer" within ModernBill.

I'm transferring my domain, cormacmoylan.com. I presume i need to set up NS1.cormacmoylan.com & NS2.cormacmoylan.com for that domain or can i use any NS setting that is related to my servers IP addresses?

If you only have one server, you would register NS1.cormacmoylan.com & NS2.cormacmoylan.com with the default ip address of your server.

Back