• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to flush DNS?

S

Snaggle

We've got Plesk 7.5.1 running on a Suse 9.x box and I need to know how to flush the local DNS cache (via SSH or the Plesk UI).

I only have a smattering of *nix, and don't know for sure exactly which DNS services are setup - a colleague originally installed the server, and he's sadly no longer with us.

Anyone got any pointers?

The detail of the problem is that a new domain is refusing to accept mail; everything is apparently setup OK, but the Plesk box is resolving the raw domain to an incorrect IP. Sub-domains (www, mail, ftp) resolve fine, but not the plain domain. From other machines everything resolves to the Plesk box as it should.

I'm not convinced that this is the root of the mail problem, but it's certainly not right, so want to eliminate, but don't have a clue how to flush the DNS cache on the Plesk box :)

Cheers,

Pete

Use your own server (localhost IP) in /etc/resolv.conf and you will solve this.

Thanks. Flushed the DNS with a restart having done some more digging, which didn't help, but in the end time healed this particular wound, once the root servers had caught up with the main changes.

Will dig into the resolve.conf thing though, on the grounds that I ought to know this stuff.

Cheers,

Pete

Back