1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How-to install / enable GD2 support

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by alejandro, Aug 30, 2007.

1. alejandro

alejandro Guest

Hi,

I would like to know how to add GD2 support to my server using Plesk psa v8.1.1_build81070423.15, operating on a Linux Fedora Core 4 2.6.16.27-061216a and PHP Version 5.0.4

Here are some informations about my server :

Configure Command :
    I noticed the '--without-gd', that clearly disable GD2 in my server.

additional .ini files parsed :
    I tried to have a look about how-to do that but I found nothing matching my need. I heard about the fact that I would have to uninstall PHP and rebuild it with GD but I don't know at all how to do that. Moreover, when I var_dump the gd_info() function, here is what I get :

Please can someone tell me how to upgrade my server without crashing Plesk or anything else ? Because I don't know that much about Linux, I would need a step by step tutorial. Thank you by advance for your help.

2. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

You can also just run "yum install php-gd"

3. alejandro

alejandro Guest

Hi, I logged into my server using PuTTY, then I logged in as root

Then I tried to use the resize-image functionnality of my web application without any success. It doesn't seems to work. Can someone help me please ? Why is it written "Nothing to do" ? What shall I do ? Thanks by advance for your help.

PS: When I do phpinfo(), I still can see the '--without-gd' information inside the configure commands (see my first post).

4. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

php-gd might already be installed, and you've got a config file problem:

rpm -q php-gd

phpinfo() won't give you full results on modern PHP implementations if you just look at what was done through autoconf, you need to scroll down and look at what modules are loaded.

5. alejandro

alejandro Guest

Hi,

Thanks for your help AtomicTurtle.

Here is the list of the loaded modules that appears in the apache2handler section of the phpinfo()

Loaded Modules :

I can't find any module called GD. Here is what appears when I type "rpm -q php-gd".

Now if the GD module is not loaded, is it complicated to load it :confused: What should I do ?

Thanks for your help.

6. alejandro

alejandro Guest

Up !

I'm still trying to sort out this problem of GD library. Here's what I found so far (thanks to AtomicTurtle for his help so far) :

I first started to type :

Apparently, GD is installed and the .so module is located within /usr/lib64/php/modules/

The I type

So what I understand is that the GD version is 2.0.33

Now something very important is what I found on the Internet :

So apparently, if DSO is supported on my server, I shouldn't have to recompile my applications. To check this I type :

The mod_so beeing enabled, I should be able to add existing modules directly from within httpd.conf. I check in this file but do not find any "LoadModule" related to "gd.so".

I try to add a line to load it with :

I update the httpd.conf file and then restart Apache2 :

and I'm stucked here.
    Can someone help me please ?

7. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Golden Pleskian Plesk Certified Professional

I have a similar problem - I also have GD installed

I add the module and I get an error

8. luix

luix Guest

REvisa que el entorno chroot del host tenga instalado gcc, yo tengoe se mismo problema
    revisando en internet mucha documentacion sobre esta libreria, he encontrado que esta esta escrita en c, y el entorno chroot del sitio que la necesita no lo trae, aunque esta libreria GD este instalada para todo el servidor no esta habilitada para /home/virtual/siteXX.

Aun me encuentra realizando pruebas hacerca de esta libreria :)

9. blank_page

blank_page Regular Pleskian

53%
    Hi,

get the src rpm, or any spec file, make a rpm rebuild after correcting that --wihout--gd in the spec file and you are good to go.

Anyway I don't understand the request.. every graphic sript basically needs the convert and similar graphic transformation binaries which are part of the gd and not php-gd so it can be avoided ther is Image Magick also if gd won't reslve. There are options and options ...