• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to mass create email aliases?

N

ninja

Hello all,

For a single mail account .... how can I mass create a bunch of mail aliases ... rather than typing in 200+ from the pleask web interface one by one?

I have an old /etc/aliases file on another linux box where I have all the aliases listed.

thanks

Also ... is there anyway to maybe synchronise a /etc/aliases file from a local linux box running sendmail into plesk. This may allow me to still maintain all my aliases locally and somehow synchronise aliases between my local sendmail aliases file and Plesk box. I'll settle for the bulk import though ...

thanks for the info. Used the command line to add 100's of aliases .... got rid of a mail catch-all rule for a domain that was accepting any email address etc ... mainly spam.

Is there anyone out there that has written scripts / automation to work with the command lines when trying to sync aliases or email accounts with other servers?

ie. When adding/deleting aliases on Local linux box, script (perl or otherwise) logs into plesk box and does the same using the command line?

Back