1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How to migrate between machines from Plesk 8.6 to 9.x ?

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by JoaoCorreia, Mar 15, 2009.

1. JoaoCorreia

JoaoCorreia Guest

I a new machine with Plesk 9.
    How can I SAFELY transfer all the domains from my old Plesk 8.6 machine to Plesk 9.0 on the new machine ?

Best regards
    Joao Correia

2. albans

albans Regular Pleskian

3. JoaoCorreia

JoaoCorreia Guest

Thanks ! uff Im more reliefed.
    Is it easy to re-read the IP , because Im migrating between machine I'll have a new IP. Once I did it using: /usr/local/psa/bin/reconfigurator.pl but long time ago. Any tips ?

Thanks
    Joao Correia

4. albans

albans Regular Pleskian

This should not be a problem. I also migrated domains to different IPs. In the plesk interface, you can map the IPs while importing the backups (after the conversion to PSA9).

5. JoaoCorreia

JoaoCorreia Guest

Another issue ...

I cant go with MySQL5 I need MySQL4 any idea how to have MySQL running on a CentOS 5.2 without having to compile the thing ?

Thanks
    Joao

6. 105547111

105547111 Silver Pleskian

30%
    Your OS natively came out with php5 so it might be time to update this app? php6 is around the corner and 4 is ancient.