• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to migrate email only?

AngusC

New Pleskian
Dear all,

I have setup a new web server with PLESK 9.22 supported but I faced some problems about email account migration.

Current web server: Fedora 3 with Plesek 8.21
New web server: CentOS 5.3 with PLESK 9.22

I have migrated all web pages and database content by myself without using MIGRATION MANAGER, but now I need to migrate email account with all email setting (email password and content) to new server.

I found some solutions from plesk.com but there all about dump the plesk and restore the plesk.

I have tried to dump PLESK 8.21 and restore the dump at PLESK 9.22 followed your guide but failed, sometimes said "broken pipe", sometime said "unable to solve the conflict". It's really frustrated since I just need to dump the email account to PLESK 9.22.

Could you just let me know how to dump the email account to PLESK 9.22? any documents for this purpose? I don't want to create email separately in new server and tell my clients that they need to setup again with OUTLOOK or blackberry.

URGENT!

Regards,
AK

You need first to create the same users on new machine, exacctly the same users.
Then archive /var/qmail/mailnames directory, there is all mails.
But I still suggest to do this with migration manager and choose from MM to get only the emails and contents.

Back