• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to reconfigure the "Sitebuilder Site Wizard" icon in Plesk

zooming

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

Does anyone knows how to reconfigure the "Sitebuilder Site Wizard" icon in Plesk?
This icon is enabled when the Sitebuilder is configured for a site throught Plesk.
I have found a table in Plesk's database, but I don't know what data should I enter in this table to configure this icon.
I have several sites without this icon, sites that were configured in Sitebuilder before this icon was implemented in Plesk, and that are using the old style Sitebuilder access icon in Plesk.

Thank you.

Alexandre

Could you please attach here screen shots of both old and new style so I could understand exactly what do you mean? Also, which Plesk version do you use? Currently Sitebuilder icon belongs to Plesk skin and can be update there I guess.

Hello Dmitry,

I'm sending you a image with the two icons.

I'm using Plesk since version 7.5.4, and now I'm using version 8.3

I have made 2 upgrade steps between these versions.

The "old" Plesk/SB integration created the Sitebuilder2(Root) icon.

The "new" Plesk/SB integration now creates a reseller user and plan, a user and site in SB, and enables the SiteBuilder Site Wizard icon in Plesk (show as "Assistente do Sitebuilder" in this image - pt_BR language).

How can I "convert" this Sitebuilder2(root) icons to the new Sitebuilder Sites Wizard icon (which includes creating the reseller, plan, user and RECONFIGURING the existing site to this new user)?

Thank you.
Alexandre

Attachments

• plesk_sb.jpg
    plesk_sb.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 38
It seems such reconfiguration is not possible in that way. As I remember there should be migration process in Plesk and Sitebuilder integration which performs this task. Right now when you enable Sitebuilder access in Plesk for domain new site will be created in Sitebuilder.
As for old Sitebuilder button in Plesk it is just custom button with URL to edit wizard for the site. It can be removed from Plesk but in this case link will be lost.
One of the possible ways in this situation is manual one. If there are not so many sites in integration and structure is not complex, probably new activation in Plesk for Sitebuilder can be done and site structure restoration performed for newly created site.

Hello Dmitry,

This migration process didn't work for me.

I had several other problems during the migration (some tables were not created, some fields were not completed, etc), then I left this part behind.

Manual reconfiguration is not an option, there are too many sites in this situation.

I think that restore the configuration over the site is not a good option too, I have enought problems with restore by now...

It would be really nice to have a "reconfigurator" script written by Parallels, I think it will be useful for other customers as well in upgrades.

Thank you.
Alexandre

Hello Alexandre,

Unfortunately, there is no such reconfiguration script. All issues should be resolved during migration process. For now only manual configuration is possible, but as I understand there are too many sites and it will take a lot of time for this.

Hello Dmitry,

Do you have or can obtain a description on how this integration is configured?

So far as I could see there is only one table in psa database (psa.SBSites) with a row for every site with this integration enabled.

The "Sitebuilder Site Wizard" button only shows up when there is a correspondent row in this table.

This table have a sb_site_id column with the site id in Sitebuilder, but I don't know about the other columns.

If I know how this works, perhaps I'll be able to create my own script.

Thank you.
Alexandre

Back