• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to remove backup files?

O

ohmadevo3

Obviously I'm new at this and I need help asap, please! I need to know the command to remove backup files using Telnet. My server is 100% full and I can't initiate Plesk, so I have to go in via root to remove some files. (I guess that's the problem.) How do I (what's the command to) find the backup files and remove them? I know that rm = remove, and I can get into the server using Telnet. Beyond that, I'm dead. Thank you.

p.s.

Just to clarify, I meant that I'm using PuTTY (the Telnet and SSH client itself). Thanks for any help at all using commands to see my files so I can delete them.

Thanks. After much study and insight into file work in PuTTY, I nevertheless had to buy more server space yesterday so I could get clients back online, cause I still couldn't find the backups. Went in via Plesk to manage the server and got rid of the backups that way. I'd still like to have a regular backup, though, so can you tell me how to make it overwrite an a previous one rather than add on to a list? I thought I had set that via log rotation, but apparently not. Is that a cron function or can I just write a command on the server itself within the psa directory? Thank you!

Thanks! I saw this but did not realize how big my individual backup files were, so I put 30 in the number of backup files to keep, thinking I wanted a month's worth of daily backups, not realizing that would quickly overwhelm my space (at 1.5GB per day). I've now set it to 3, but I may go to 5 once I see how it does. Appreciate everyone's help.

Back