• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to Remove Non-Important Plesk Files & Directories

bskrakes

Basic Pleskian
Hi there,

So I am wondering how and if I can remove the Plesk installation files, what will happen if I do remove them and where are they located (are the directories in my /root the directories I can delete)? I am using CentOS 5.X and in the /root directory there are the following directories: (I created the bin and log directories for my own scripting/automation purposes)

[root@servername ~]# ls -l
total 16
drwxr-x--- 2 root root 4096 Feb 11 11:26 bin
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Mar 3 22:55 log
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Jan 18 12:50 parallels
drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Jan 18 10:28 psa

If I do a du -hs on the parallels and psa directory I get the following:

[root@servername ~]# du -hs parallels/
758M parallels/
[root@saervername ~]# du -hs psa/
147M psa/

So can I remove both of these directories and if so what are the consequences? Will it affect my install or future updates? I'd really like to clean up files where ever they aren't user and I am fairly certain these are two directories that I do not need.

If someone could confirm that I would be very happy and thankful! Also if there are other locations such as temp (tmp) directories that can be cleared out on a regular basis I'd appreciate know those as well.

Thank you,

Yes, you can safely remove it. Next time when you run autoinstalled these directories will be created again and all necessary downloaded from Plesk repository packages will be placed there again.

I don't know anything about content of your 'parallels' directory, but 'psa' with downloaded packages you can remove safely. You can temporary rename 'parallels' and check that all works fine. Remove it too if all looks fine.

Awesome, I was thinking the same thing - rename the folder and if nothing breaks I should be save. Thank you I will try your suggestion and sorry for the late response.

Back