1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How to remove the 'Parallels' banner & link?

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.2 General Discussion' started by SHGreg, Mar 19, 2008.

1. SHGreg

SHGreg Guest

Hi,

I have upgraded to 2.2.3 and now have a large 'Parallels' banner and link in the top right corner. I couldn't find a way to disable it via the admin panel, how do I remove this?

2. Sergey L

Sergey L Golden Pleskian Staff Member

43%
    Parallels logo is unremovable via panel by design...
    Product logo can be replaced with custom one via replacing logo file with a custom one of the same size. In next release we will add an option of a product logo customization (top-left) via admin panel.

If Parallels logo annoys you too much, you can try replacing it with a custom one. You will need to identify its file for that.

Regards

3. SHGreg

SHGreg Guest

Hi Grau,

I've had this debate before with SWsoft (and Plesk) but was unable to contact anyone at SWsoft with any customer service knowledge, only sales people who cannot provide customer services. Does Parallels truly have no problem with their business ethics, forcing long time loyal customers (I've been here since Plesk 2) to display unwanted advertisements to their own customers? I am a client of Parallels, not my customers, so any blatent advertising should be displayed to the admin (YOUR customer), not my customers.

Does Parallels have a customer services department? I do NOT want to speak to sales reps who is all I can seem to contact.

Also, why does your signature state 'Legacy Products...', Is Expand no longer being developed?

4. SHGreg

SHGreg Guest

That's good, but what happened to the Expand logo? Why change to a nasty looking stock icon?

5. Sergey L

43%
    New Parallels logo is a necessary component of new Parallels product look-and-feel (like "Powered by SWsoft" was before). I think if you were a taxi company owner and buy new Ford cars, you would put your company's logo on car doors probably, but wont remove Ford logos from radiator enclosure (front), luggage door (back) and wheel (saloon). Replacing top-left (product logo) would be added to future releases (though many customers replacing product logo manually). Changing top-right logo is against the Parallels style policies.

Still I do not think it is a problem to change it for a handy admin.
    Regarding customer service department... Technical problems are handled by support service. New feature requests can be reported to sales/marketing, technical support and development departments. Specifically branding issues are handles by sales/marketing people anyway. Any request will priritized and probably included to schedule if it is considered valuable enough. Not sure why you dislike to contact sales, as the most of customers deliver their wishes though support and sales channels.

Regarding my signature. It changed because I have another assignment now, not because something changed with Plesk Expand. Plesk Expand is presented on forum by "Bers" user. Though it is not my job duty now, I keep watching on Plesk Expand forum and answer questions which I am any competent in. That is because of my personal attachment to this project (spent many years working there).

Regards

6. Sergey L

43%
    That is new common Parallels look-and-feel. New releases of other Parallels products will look the same. Plesk Expamd just seems to be the first release with the new style.

Regards