• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to set my own name server? plz help

A

asifrizvi

Hi,

I just bougth theplanet.com p2800 server with windows2003 with plesk 7 installed. they send me the ip address of my server where i can login through remotly and also i can login from plesk administrator but i dont know how to maintain a server with our own name server plz help or do you guyz need more info i'm ready to give.

regards,

Hi,
You have the admin password to enter Plesk control panel?
https://yourIP:8443

Than create a user! Or domain.
Create NS as you like in the DNS part of the domain.

thanx but i need to know how to make my company own name server i.e. ns1.company.com and ns2.company.com so after that i can add my various clients domain and when they check their whois database our name server will be listed in their domain database.

plz also tell me how can i change my domain control panel i.e. godaddy.com name server setting.

regards.

Asif Rizvi

opss

Hi,
1. When you search whois DB the nameservers that you see are ones who the DOMAIN OWNER had written :)
You cannot adjust or change your clients' nameservers (NS) from their domains. They will(domain owner) do

2. ""also tell me how can i change my domain control panel i.e. godaddy.com name server setting."" ??? Not clear!

Back