• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to tell server to ignore RBL for authenticated users?

J

JerkyChew

Hi,

We're running Plesk 7.5.3. A client of ours gets their internet access from their apartment building, which is on a shared IP. The IP managed to get itself blacklisted at the CBL , and now they can't send email through our server. It looks like our server is blocking any SMTP connections from that IP.

We use SMTP Auth for our clients to send emails, and as such would like to set it so the RBLs ignore anybody that authenticates against the box. Is this possible? I added the IP to our server's whitelist, but that doesn't work, and it's only a temp workaround if the user's IP is dynamic.

I don't want to turn off RBLs on the server. Is there another way? Thanks in advance.

Yes I would like to know that to. Authenticated users should always be accepted by default thats what it's all about. Therefore I consider this a serious bug that needs fixing. BTW I'm running 8.2.

Most users I have are running on dailup account and we all know that these ip's are all in one or another blackhole list. And you sure as hell don't want to have to use a white list to give access to these ranges.

Originally posted by yurtesen

Maybe you guys should get swsoft to provide qmail-spp patch with plesk qmail also.

Thanks,
Evren

I think they should as I really consider this a heavy bug in PLESK. I'm actually thinking of dropping that whole PLESK thing as this and limitations in the dns handling frustrate my administrative work.

OK now that we've got the astroturfing of h-sphere out of the way...

To answer the question you can implement SPP in plesks qmail the same way you can in any other qmail based system. Its a plugin system, you can read up on all the plugins available here:

http://qmail-spp.sourceforge.net/

Back