1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How to track IP

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by omegauser, Feb 14, 2006.

1. omegauser

omegauser Guest

Hi,

I want to do the following:

An email was sent via Web form, I have the exact date.
    I want to get a list of the IPs connected in the website usiing a range of dates.
    Can it be done?

I want to know the possible IPs that where connected when the web form was submitted.

Thanks

2. jwdick

jwdick Guest

That information can be found in your raw access logs located in the "statistics/logs" folder under the domain name in question.

(i.e. on my VDS, it is located in: #/home/httpd/vhosts/domainname.com/statistics/logs )

The files you need are access_log and access_log.processed

3. omegauser

omegauser Guest

Hi,

Excellent, now how can you print the exact date in the screen, because when I searched .processed file, it takes too long .....all the days are processed.

Can you avoid this?

4. jwdick

jwdick Guest

Try:

cat access.log.processed | grep date | less

This should only display the lines with your the date in question.

Other than that, you might have to write a custom program to display the information you are looking for.

5. omegauser

omegauser Guest

Hi,

Excellent, I have now the information I needed.
    Thanks for your help!