1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

How to Uninstall???

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by jgraham, Jan 30, 2004.

1. jgraham

jgraham Guest

I just installed the 30-day demo for Win and I cant find any uninstaller.

I went to the documentation and it simply states that I should go to Control Panels, to Add/Remove Applications, but in that window there is not any Plesk application shown.

How can I uninstall Plesk 6.5.1 for Windows?

2. siren@

siren@ Guest

You can't. The only way to remove Plesk 6.5.1 is to rebuild the system.

They are correcting it, but it was a mistake... :(

3. jgraham

jgraham Guest

I cant believe this!!! :mad:

I have spent hours and hours trying to get my server running w/o any luck...

Wasnt this suppose to be the "best" hosting software available?

:mad:

I guess I will have to reinstall the whole server again...

4. siren@

siren@ Guest

What kind of problems are you having getting Plesk to run?

5. jgraham

jgraham Guest

After installing it, I restarted and the server hangs for a few minutes... then it displays an error: "some services could not start properly"

I went to the Event Viewer and it appears that "Remote Services" could not be started...

Thats when I thought that maybe Plesk caused those problems and I tried uninstalling it... but no luck at all!...

I am reinstalling the whole Windows 2000 server, MS SQL 2000, .Net Framework, etc...

Any ideas of what might had happened?

6. sieb@

sieb@ Guest

The uninstaller for 6.5.1 is bunked. When I ran it, all it did was say it was removing stuff then remove the link from add/remove programs and left all the files and services running. I still consider 6.5 Beta.. Thankefully 7.0 on Linux is miles ahead of this, Plesk had me worried. I've halted our windows hosting rollout because of all these issues..

7. siren@

siren@ Guest

The uninstaller may be an issue but we are currenlty hosting over 300 domains via 2 Plesk for Windows boxes. All of our problems have been corrected. Since Patch installation one server has an uptime of 8 Days and some odd hours. The other server was a fresh install of Plesk for Windows 6.5.1 and has been up for 6 Days and some odd hours.

8. sieb@

sieb@ Guest

7 is more fun to play with than 6.5. :)

9. ShaneAu

ShaneAu Guest

I also need to know how to remove it ASAP.

Please someone reply.

Or PLESK... MAKE AN UNINSTALL FILE!