• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Howto disable the www alias option for a domain.

DiogoR

New Pleskian
Hi.

I need to disable the www option for an already created domain that I enabled the option when I created it.

I've searched everywhere for it but I can only see it when I create a new domain.

I need the main domain not to answer to www because I want to create a sub-domain with that name that responds differently.

Best Regards.

Hello,

Log in to Plesk, go Home> Domains > select domain(s) you wish to modify and click 'Modify'. There are WWW prefix item in the 'Preferences' area, and you can switch it on or off.

However, I doubt that this will disable www prefix for a domain it has already been assigned to. Please let me know if I am wrong.

Therefore, to kill it for sure, go Home > Domains > domain.name > DNS settings and remove CNAME record for www.domain.name.

After that, run

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/websrvmng --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=domain.name

That should do.

Regards,

Denis.

I worked like a charm.

The part

"Log in to Plesk, go Home> Domains > select domain(s) you wish to modify and click 'Modify'. There are WWW prefix item in the 'Preferences' area, and you can switch it on or off."

Did it all.

Back