• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Howto install Spamassassin? I do have a license

D

devian

I'm getting frustrated bij it..

Htf can i get spamassassin to work? what do i have to do?

My license info says that spamassassin is available.

But the spamassassin icon is greyed out and it saus spamassassin not installed.

In the plesk installer there is nothing to see about spamassassin, so how do i install it?

At the plesk service control item on the server its also selected but in grey color in stead of black.

Please help

I want to now back-ask nevertheless - all posts read here ?

if yes which plesk release , which MailServer and which OS

I searched the whole forum for it and didnt find any solution. Usefull things as starting the plesk setup and select spamassassin etc, but i cant select spamassassin anywhere.

Running plesk 7.02 on a windows 2003 webserver with the standard mailenable.

under plesk planel System>Server it spammassassin grey ?
under system>server>Services management Spamassassin is green?

take except a coloured pencil and at the screen colered on.

I white not which it is. I think you must again new install the whole server.

I installed plesk already more than 100 times. I never had this error.

ask plesk look plesk fqa

Hello,

Click on the installer and choose modify
Click on Additional
Click on Perl
Listed will be Spamassassin

Hope this helps

i cant choose perl? there is only:

*php
*webalizer
*jdk
*Ppthon

Some improvement, although perl was installed correctly @ IIS6 plesk setup didnt detect it, thats why i couldnt find an spamassassin box to install..

installed the newest active perl, and then i could install spamassassin.

But now if i want to start the spamassassin service there is an error message saying that it could not find the Spamassassinservice?

so.. solved one problem and rolled into another one.. also updated to plesk 7.0.3

spamassassin depends on different parameters and it depends on which Perl version. if you changes make outside of plesk the environment then have you such problems.

if you installed another Perl version tries in spammassin directory:

perl Makefile.PL
make spamassassin

you must download make at Microsoft

only is to be said : with such experiments more problems will take.

again: make a new clean installation - thats solves the problem faster
http://forum.sw-soft.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16456

you are correct, i did install perl myself after i installed plesk on c±<perl.

this was because perl wasnt working )plesk said it wasnt installed' so i thought that it was normal to install it myself so i did.

can i also repair it by uninstalling the perl i´ve installed, then start tje plesk setup and install the perl componoent again.. or the utility that tries to repair your plesk installation?

i tried the method you said and that didnt work.

reinstalling isnt an option becuz the server is 250km´s away and i cant afford any downtime.

ok, i tried what i said in the post before this one and it´s also not succesfull...

damn :(

I know not quite as plesk that controls exactly. it goes over the filter of mailenable. memailfilter.exe calls spammassing where returns a number it is spam or not.

take the original version of plesk for spamassassin and perl.
look howto install spamassassin for win32

I wrote:

perl Makefile.PL
make spamassassin

i think nmake.exe does the same? it tells me spamassassin is up to date..

i now installed the perl from plesk.. (the plesk 7.02 installer)

i will try this evening the original installation guide for spamassassin under windows..

got another problem to.. i have ClamAV installed, but when i restart my pc it alwayx starts up the drweb service and not the clamav service..

and yes i did select in the plesk control panel to use clamav..i have to start it manually always.

Back