• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

howto upgrade to php 4.3.10

W

waterboy@

can some one explain me how to upgrade my php to the stable version, i read already some topics about it and i know i also have to upgrade my zend software...

And what about zend? is it updated as well when I use yum to update php?

No, I dont distribute Zend packages (yet, someone posted a .spec file for it earlier today). As I understand it, if you arent using something like mmcache, ioncube, or zend, then this doesnt effect you. I run Zend on my systems, so I havent verified that the bug goes away without it.

atomicturtle, I found the yum.conf entries I needed to use your service (thank you very much by the way!) but I have sitebuilder installed which requires php-xslt, and this fails for 4.3.10.

I've actually been running linux since 1992, and I have a RH 7.3 box I've kept up-to-date with source code which is running PHP 5.0.3 no problem, but I'm completely new to yum and my experience with RPM's have been pretty well limited to the installer. I'd be willing to generate this package myself, but to be honest I don't have much of a clue even where to start. I'll start digging anyway and see where I end up.

This box has been an experiment for me to see if it is time for me to give up on my old fasioned ways of downloading source tarballs and give myself a free ride on yum/rpm/plesk. Somehow I don't think its going to be as easy as I'd hoped. Still, if I can learn how to be a contributer and reduce my work load I'd still come out ahead.

Thanks again for providing the atomicturtle yum repository, and what I'm sure add up to countless hours maintaining it.

We need to update PHP for Plesk 7 (not reloaded) on RHEL 3.3 and on RHL 7.3, and for Plesk 5 on RHL 7.2 and RHL 7.3.

Can we just use RPMs for standard RHL and RHEL distributions as appropriate, or do we need specific Plesk packages?

And also, does anyone have an answer for Zend Optimizer yet?

Jeff

Just do what i did. I manualyl upgraded my apache and php. Then some minimal hacking to get plesk to use /usr/local/apache2's copy (it upgarded the old **** in /etc and stuff and left my custom copy alone.. good plesk) and now it works wonderfully. Running apache 2.0.52 and php 5.0.2

I upgraded to 4.3.10 of PHP on Fedora Core 2. It broke a bunch of stuff, including vbulletin, the blank Horde pages, and what not.

Warning: Constants may only evaluate to scalar values in <deleted>/forums/includes/init.php on line 732

I don't have Zend installed, the only zend I see is under the psa directories.

Any ideas anyone?

So, just download it and install it? Even though i don't have it installed? Or do I just try and upgrade the Plesk zend located "/usr/local/psa/admin/include/php/Zend/"

???

I just downloaded the zend optimizer installed it for the standard apache (not the control panel (admin) one). Fixed my problems...

When I tried to upgrade my FreeBSD 4.9 system to PHP 4.3.10, I kept getting..

Configuring extensions checking for OpenSSL support... yes checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config configure: error: Cannot find OpenSSL's <evp.h>

Here's the configure command I used..

./configure --with-apxs=/usr/local/psa/apache/bin/apxs --prefix=/usr/local/psa/apache --with-regex=php --with-config-file-path=/usr/local/psa/apache/conf --enable-sockets --enable-track-vars --with-mysql=/usr/local/psa/mysql --with-pgsql=/usr/local/psa/postgresql --with-iodbc=/usr/local/psa/lib/dist --with-imap=/usr/local/psa/lib/dist --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/psa/lib/dist --with-png-dir=/usr/local/psa/lib/dist --without-tiff --without-pdflib --with-gettext=/usr/local/psa/lib/dist --with-openssl=/usr/bin/openssl --with-zlib --with-xml --disable-debug --enable-pear --without-iconv --with-mhash=/usr/local/psa/lib/dist --with-curl=/usr/local/psa/lib/dist --enable-ftp --enable-static

Anyone who might be able to help, I'd love it. I'm on Plesk Reloaded 7.1, but still I thought I'd ask.

Back