1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Hsphere Migration: merging two clusters into one?

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation' started by GregorL, Jan 19, 2013.

1. GregorL

GregorL Basic Pleskian

60%
    In anticipation of the Migration from Hsphere to PPA at some point in the future, I would like to know if there is maybe an option to merge two HSphere clusters into one PPA cluster.

A little background:
    In HSphere the whitelable/reseller function had a couple of weak spots. One of them was the fact that the same domain registrar account was used for end-users and resellers.
    Because of that some Hsphere businesses decided to run one cluster for Resellers and one for End-Users.
    Now, with the dawn of a Migration from Hsphere to PPA it would be great to finally only have one single cluster.

So, if it is not to late, could the Developers maybe keep this in mind and offer the option to import two Hsphere clusters into one PPA cluster?

2. jjnetworks

jjnetworks New Pleskian

35%
    I'd imagine you would have an issues because of the CP server per cluster limitation, so your CP references may be a little screwy as there currently is no way to merge the CP server db's clusters, you have to migrate them accross . With this in mind, i've merged my two clusters ahead of PPA :)

Would be great to have any new information on migration from HSphere to PPA and if they have this type of import utility then that would be an added bonus!

3. Andrew Andriatis

Andrew Andriatis Regular Pleskian Plesk Team

57%
    Hi,
    Since migration form H-Sphere to PPA is being implemented per account, I see no problems in migrating accounts from different H-Sphere clusters into the same PPA instance.

Regards,
    Andrey Andriatis

4. jjnetworks

jjnetworks New Pleskian

35%
    Thanks Andrey,

I would have loved to know that before :) Good to know its being done per account and it will just make the subscription off the back of the HSphere.

Thanks again,

Mark

5. jjnetworks

jjnetworks New Pleskian

35%
    Andrey,

Do you have any other info regarding the HSphere migration path/tools/schedules that you could share??

Im sure there would be a lot of interest for this :)

Regards,

Mark

6. Andrew Andriatis

57%
    I know that this is a long-awaited piece. We started coding. As soon as there will be something to try, we'll let you know.

7. jswebhosting

jswebhosting New Pleskian

and six months later is there any news?

8. Andrew Andriatis

57%
    Hi,
    At the moment we have migration for H-Sphere Unix hosting, including web, DB and mail. Windows hosting migration will be developed later this year. Billing part will be addressed when we'll finish our new PPA Billing module. Its preview will become available in September.

Regards,
    Andrey Andriatis

9. gvidals

gvidals New Pleskian

What is the status of PPA migration to Hsphere for Linux for 1) billing module 2) Opensrs domain registration, 3) reseller accounts? My understanding is that hsphere will EOL in 2014, so we need to hurry and see if PPA will provide the tools for proper and complete migration of accounts.