• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

htaccess for ftp users

maclonghorn

New Pleskian
My situation is that I've got a client who manages their own site and creates their own FTP users (ie, web_users). My client needs to be able to write to those directories without me having to chmod the directory each time she creates a new web_user. Is there a way to setup an .htaccess file in the web_users directory--the top-level directory for all her FTP users-- so that she can write to her FTP user directories? The closest thing I've seen is the "password file" but this seems to limit access to only those users. Is there a way to tell Linux, "obey the user/group permissions for the web_users directories, but also allow write permission for userA" ?

Hi
Plesk does not allow to add more than one FTP user, however you can set up the additional ftp users manually, here is the way:
http://kb.odin.com/en/415
You will see there the way to add the user with a separate directory with the write access to this directory.

Well that's great, but my client doesn't have shell access. Yes, I can create FTP users, but she needs to be able to do this on her own, via Plesk. Currently, she's able to create web users (ie, her clients), which actually is a great workaround, but the owner for the dir is the web_user name, which doesn't allow her to upload files. I was thinking there might be a way to use .htaccess in the web_users directory, to allow her to write to any new subdirectories.

Back