1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

http to port 80 terrible slow with browser but to 8443 fast!

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by jussio, Feb 7, 2007.

1. jussio

jussio Guest

Plesk 8.1 is running on RHEL 4 ES. RHEL runs under Microsoft Virtual server/Windows 2003. Server is HP 145 DL / 2 x 2.8 XEON with 2 gigs of memory. Everything is allmost ok... only problem is that when I try to browse pages with IE Explorer, Firefox etc.. it will take 2 to 5 minutes to load page. Plesk control panel is normal and fast. If I telnet to port 80 and I send GET / HTTP/1.0 to server I will get full page in about 1 second. I have checked our firewall and all the setting over 10 times. I am allmost pulling my hair off....

Edit:

Without Plesk pages loads smoothly. So it must be Plesk issue maybe problem is that we use other virtualization program than Virtuozzo :D

2. jussio

jussio Guest

Now I know what is wrong....

Telnet to port 80 was fast because it just shows text. So I was so studid that I did not try it with other than default PLESK page. I do not know what is wrong with default page but when I tryed with real content everything was ok. I even tryed it with my Nokia E61 and it seems that photos taked too much time load.