1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

I found a new bug in statistics in Plesk CP

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by igoldman, Dec 6, 2005.

1. igoldman

igoldman Regular Pleskian

23%
    Hello to all members.
    as you allready know , I feel like the Q&A of Sw-Soft

so I have encounter a new bug in Plesk CP regarding statistics system.

I have alot's of domain accounts.

1 of my domain users have deleted his webstat folder which located under statistics folder.

and what happend ?

when the statistics run on the night then I saw in the log file the following :

Error 3 at Open file 'D:\inetpub\vhosts\the domain name address\statistics\webstat\CopyAWStats.lock': The system cannot find the path specified.

so I have checked it and found that this domain user have deleted a folder.

so because of that the statistics couldn't finish to run and stop working.

I define it as a bug in Plesk CP because I can't watch my clients not delete folders.
    and the statistics need to know how to pass this problem and not stop running.

I hope that someone from SW SOFT will see this post and forward it to the Q&A dept. of SW SOFT

2. swarm

swarm Guest

Thank you, Ilan, for informing us about such issue. We'll let our development know about this but we have a question regard this situation. Please let us know in which way your domain user deleted webstat folder ?

3. igoldman

igoldman Regular Pleskian

23%
    Hello ,

my client (domain user) told me that he have deleted it through FTP.

by the way , in our windows shared web hosting server , we currently use SERV-U ftp server application.

also , we use : windows 2003 server OS

4. illiquent

illiquent Guest

while we are on plesk stats errors ...

firstly, i like plesk quite a lot. great job guys.
    easy to use, although it has some things that I don;t quite understand:

1. after statistics.exe runs via scheduler, the Mailenable SMTP mail logs get delted. It was suggested that the mail log mail be corrupt, but it deleted a few know fine mail logs (i made a copy of them before I ran scheduler, then after running statistics.exe, they were gone.

I contacted mailEnable who suggests that this may be a plesk setting or a bug with scheduler.

Is this a known bug, or have I missed a setting somewhere?

thanks

5. JackL

JackL Guest

As for issue with statistics.exe

1. Go to any site, copy AWStats folder from there to statistics\webstat folder
    2. Also if there ftp access on site copy AWSTATS folder for anon_ftp and ftp folders
    3. Rerun statistcs

For MailEnable

1.after statistics analizes them , - it appears to him no need to keep it more.
    2.However, I agree - it should be better to have a choice, to keep'em or delete
    (It seems like feature request -- will be mentioned)

John S.G.

6. illiquent

illiquent Guest

mailenable logs

1.after statistics analizes them , - it appears to him no need to keep it more.

well that is retarded.

2.However, I agree - it should be better to have a choice, to keep'em or delete
    (It seems like feature request -- will be mentioned)

????

perhaps I don't see how to read the stats read by plesk? nowhere do I see any mail logs.

I need to have the mail log files not delted cause, I need them to troubleshoot in the event that their is an issue sending/receiving mails.

guess I'm diabling yet ANOTHER feature of plesk cause it messes something else up.

ps the stats plesk zips and delivers:

1. get sent multiple times
    2. are pretty useless for anyone who can use webalizer or awstats on their own.

ie why would I want to have those emailed to me? I don't have webalizer here. I have it on the server.

please make another statistics.exe that doesn't delete log files so it can be enabled.

I'm calling this a bug. not a feature request. it is retarded to delete log files, unless they are paced elsewhere.