• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

I give up! Really I do!

S

sautertech

Although I was excited about the Windows release of PSA, I am embracing the Linux version even more these days! A customer since version 2, I have been satisfied with it's performance and relative ease of use for Linux Newbies like myself. After installing the Windows version of PSA on a clean server I have been unable to publish any Frontpage sites - among other things. I thought Windows was my strong suit.....considering I work on Windows servers for a living ( I think!). In my opinion, the Windows version of PSA is simply NOT READY. The support people cannot even log in to the server to check it out and may not have the expertise to solve the issues I am having. Oh yea.....it must be that invisible firewall that is blocking that precious port that prevents them from logging in to my server. Very frustrating! Run your little utilities! Never the mind that I have to manually migrate a lot of domains from 6.0 to 6.5. So what did I lease here? Crappola!

Exactly our problem as well. The FP extensions work at random. You have russians who don't give a **** about the product they programmed and this loser named Anton who has no idea what he is doing. Pathetic excuse for a company. I think we are reaching class action suit status at this point.

99% of these problems are corrected with the Patches/Hotfixes. Email the support team posted in another thread and have them install them for you. They are working well on our server. FrontPage works good, everything is stable. I agree it wasn't before, but with the fixes it is.

Not Ready For PRIME-TIME - 6.5

Amen Whaked! Count me in!

Hey Larry,

Any idea on what that email is. I can't find it. Also will that correct problems where frontpage extensions have been uninstalled and reinstalled on the box after PLESK was installed?

Thanks

AdamF

Originally posted by ddreams
99% of these problems are corrected with the Patches/Hotfixes. Email the support team posted in another thread and have them install them for you. They are working well on our server. FrontPage works good, everything is stable. I agree it wasn't before, but with the fixes it is.

What if we've tried the tech support route and we get back the reply something along the lines of "Well, go check the Microsoft Knowledge Base a little closer for applicable IIS 6.0 fixes to the FPSE problems."

I've used the online web-based support form twice now with no support with Plesk 6.5.1 on Windows 2003/IIS 6.0.

What's the magic patches you're talking about?

Are you saying you gave remote access to your machine and some 'magic' was performed remotely without you having the instructions to fix if you have to rebuild?

our Server is running smothly, exept that you can't do so much with the mssql part of plesk.

we had also the problem with plesk and fpextension. we had a supporter from plesk for 15 hours on our server and since then it is running exept the fpextension.

so i uninstalled the fpextension in windows and installed it again. then enabled it directly in the IIS for the main IP and the Shared IP. Then we set up a domain with fpextension. look that it creates the vti.... folder in the iis under the domain.

now we can connect through our frontpage with:

http://yourip/yourdomain_non_ssl/

and it is working.

there is an isue with some frontpages or some internet conn. that you have to set up the domain for support basic auth. if the frontpgage allways asks you again and again for a user and password.

overall plesk is still the best control panel for windows 2003 server with different languages. then ensim supports just certain versions.

sonics,

What about the issue of posting files >500K bytes causes FP (client side) to issue an error saying either the "Server closed the connection" or "413 Entity too large error"?

You have tried posting a file >500K bytes, I hope -- if not, you better test it now before your customer does -- esp if they try to upload a Microsoft Access .mdb (they are easily over 500K bytes).

Well I'll Be...............Taking a quick spin around the 6.5 forum brings back memories indeed. In fact, if it wasn't for Larry @ DDI Hosting I probably would of checked out of the hosting biz already. A lot of the problems such as:

1- The dreaded "Entity too Large"
2- Having to use the now famous _non_ssl
3- Why does the DNS just "STOP" sometimes ( really bad thing )
4- Why are the file permissions all @#%$!* up in the FP Admin?
5- Did you know that you may have to delete hosting a few times AND after each time you do that you then have to go into IIS and restart it. Then recreate the physical hosting and pray!
6- Then the stupid dialogue box prompts you annoyingly for the password....at which point you realize it's not the password but the username! Remove the @domain.com part and it works.

I don't know about you but how do I tell my customers that they have to upload files in groups.....use the _non_ssl etc.

Yes Larry at DDI has managed to find solutions to Plesk 6.5's woes and SHOULD BE COMPENSATED for his assistance as far as I'm concerned. Take it from me, Larry is your ONLY hope! Don't fuss with him when he gives you advice and don't waste you time with tech support.

What's truly sad is that Plesk IS the best out of all the rest! Good Lord!

Dave Sauter
2nd CIty Host

update to 6.5.2

Well, this upgrade to 6.5.2 ended up for us as a complete disaster.
What a misery !
Still remembering all the **** with 6.5.0
I no longer want Plesk + Windows.

Control panel works no more.
Websites all down .......

We have given up and will skip to Ensim now.
Sorry plesk guys. But our Windoze hosting will no longer be with Plesk.

They shouldn't have released 6.5.2, but two of my customers who did install it I had running again in less than 5 minutes, other than some mime issues.

Seems to have been a bit of a **** shoot, we installed 6.5.2 without any problems to report.

@secretagentman,

we didn't try to put a large file from frontpage to the server.

But i had a problem putting a 1.5 GB file via ftp to the windows server.

Back