• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

I guess I screwed up!

L

liffey

Having just purchased plesk for windows 7.5 for a web server I decided to install it locally to play around with it before using it on my new web server.

Installation failed causing the machine to hang. This required a reboot, not even task manager reacted. I tried several times with the same result. Twice it hung installing MySQL and twice MS SQL.

I have now tried to remove Plesk et al completely, including any registry entries. However I have missed something as the machine can no longer be seen from the network. Ping the machine also fails. It can see other machines on the network.

This was my mail server and DC - Doh!

Can anyone suggest what the problem may be? I guess some form of firewall / port blocking has been installed. How do I get it back to the state it was in prior to installation of Plesk?

Machine running W2K3 SP1 as an AD domain controller.

Any help appreciated.

Originally posted by OlegB
It's not recommended to install Plesk on a domain controller

http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk7.5/Windows/Docs/plesk-7.5-win-ig/

Yes I know this I had read the item you refer to:

"Note: Do not install Plesk on the machine serving as Windows Domain Controller, either primary or backup. If this requirement is not fulfilled, a system crash may occur in case when one creates a Plesk domain, which name coincides with the Windows Domain name."

However I can live with the reasons for not doing so.

Do you have any idea as to how I can solve the problem?

Please try another way of Plesk installation on DC.
1. Install Plesk7.5.6+latest update.
2. Expand domain controller on the server.

This way should work. Then let us know how it goes.

Hello,

I had Plesk 7.5.6 installed on my server and then needed Active Directory so I configured the server to be a Domain Controller.

After I did this, some of my sites failed to be pingable (those that are on the main IP address). The others still worked fine.

This being said, I tried to migrate my sites to another shared ip address. Still not pingable. I tried removing and readding them, still nothing.

Any thoughts? Do I have to register them somehow with the Microsoft DNS manager?

Please help!

Thank you,
Oleg Fridman

Back