• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

I have a problem on a Fedora 3

E

ecja

Hello, I have a problem on a Fedora 3 after login

ERROR
Unable to restart Named: dnsmng failed: dnsmng failed: dnsmng: Service named failed to restart
0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/configure.php3:193 unknown()

Starting named: /bin/chown: cannot access `/var/named/run-root/var/named': No such file or directory
[FAILED]

Named starts

I disable SELINUX:

edit /etc/sysconfig/selinux

Change

SELINUX=enforcing

to

SELINUX=disabled

Reboot.

Thanks to
Bobs your uncle

Hey.. this seems to be the only thread I have found so far with exactly my error.

I am not even able to pass the initial Configuration screen where you provide the full hostname IP's and admin password.. and manual restart of the named service gives me that error above.?.

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/configure.php3:193 unknown()

I disable SELINUX:

edit /etc/sysconfig/selinux

I don't have that file? Could this also be be why? I am using RedHat 9 .. originally on a "mininmal" install, until Plesk added the rest.

Does anyone have some other insite on this!

I am getting desprate :p and well I have read about re-installing the BIND packages.. which is cool because the server has no zones configured so i wouldn't be loosing anything. Has anyone writen a Shell Script to quickly do this?

Me again.. I fixed my problem! Yeay! :D

I had done some extensive searching on the net and found that there was a "threaded" bug or something in RedHat 9 which i dont understand about, though led me to believe this "bug" which could cause BIND to fail was solved by a Kernel upgrade! So after much reading I did this and it fixed it!

I also said yes to the Kernel upgrade Plesk ofered at installation though it must not have been enough! so yeah was a newer kernel required to fix it!

Relieved,

Back