1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Icons under Services management

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by nvoth, Jul 12, 2005.

1. nvoth

nvoth New Pleskian

57%
    Hello,

I searched the forum but couldn't find any resolution to this. Several times now after various version upgrades, I've had grayed out icons for some of the services under the "Services management" area.

For instance, I just upgraded from 7.5.2 to 7.5.3 and the SMTP Server (Qmail) icon is not working any more.

I know I can manage through the command line. That's fine. However, for some of my "non-root" sub-administrators I would like them to be able to use those controls to restart various services.

Anyone know where that is controlled from and how I can fix it?

Thanks,

-Nick Voth

2. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

If you are on a VPS server then this is becoming a more widespread issue, a number of people on virtual servers have reported the same thing, and so far (as of now) there has been no solution found

3. nvoth

nvoth New Pleskian

57%
    Bingo. We are using Virtuozzo. I have been playing with the settings in xinetd. No luck. There seems to be a bit of extra "junk" in there for the same service, but changing the settings there doesn't help.

It is definitely something about the upgrade, at least on my end. I've gone clean Plesk installs with on new VPS's and everything is fine.

-Nick