• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Icons under Services management

nvoth

New Pleskian
Hello,

I searched the forum but couldn't find any resolution to this. Several times now after various version upgrades, I've had grayed out icons for some of the services under the "Services management" area.

For instance, I just upgraded from 7.5.2 to 7.5.3 and the SMTP Server (Qmail) icon is not working any more.

I know I can manage through the command line. That's fine. However, for some of my "non-root" sub-administrators I would like them to be able to use those controls to restart various services.

Anyone know where that is controlled from and how I can fix it?

Thanks,

-Nick Voth

If you are on a VPS server then this is becoming a more widespread issue, a number of people on virtual servers have reported the same thing, and so far (as of now) there has been no solution found

Bingo. We are using Virtuozzo. I have been playing with the settings in xinetd. No luck. There seems to be a bit of extra "junk" in there for the same service, but changing the settings there doesn't help.

It is definitely something about the upgrade, at least on my end. I've gone clean Plesk installs with on new VPS's and everything is fine.

-Nick

Back