• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

IIS 5 and ColdFusion application mapping

J

jruzvidzo

Please help

I use ColdFusin MX 6.1 on Windows 2000 with IIS 5.

The problems I have are two-fold. Any changes in a site control panel cause Plesk to redo the application mappings and default documents.

I've worked around the default doc issue by creating an index.html on every site with a 0-second redirect to index.cfm. That's fine, as 98 out of 100 of the sites use ColdFusion.

The problem comes with the application mappings. i installed the patch which stopped us losing the CF mappings everythime, that's okay. The problem is this:

THE COLDFUSION APPLICATION EXTENSIONS ARE SET TO USE "3" INSTEAD OF "All Verbs" OR "GET,HEAD,POST".

This is a major problem, as 3 can be translated by IIS6 to mean GET,HEAD,POST but not IIS 5. Is there a script we can change to remedy this? As it stands, touching the CP means having to manually reconfigure the app extensions, which defeats the purpose of having a hosting controller in the first place.

Was Plesk 6.5 (or the relevant patch) coded with only IIS 6 in mind? Is there a workaround or solution? Am I being dumb and missing something simple?

Any help would be appreciated.

Back